- UPCOMING EVENT: Please join us in Topeka, Feb 3-4, for our 1st SNA-KS Regional Training Event. Friday evening you will have time to connect with your peers with good food and drinks. The evenings entertainment will feature Tony B’s Dueling Pianos. Saturday will feature training sessions and keynote speaker, founder of “Girl Twin Solutions” Tammy Wellbrock. For more information or registration click HERE. We hope to see you there!
Announcement: SNA-KS HOA (Heart of America) Industry Trade Show Feb 21-22, 2023. click HERE for more information
NEW SNA-KS Membership Benefit
Do YOU have your School Nutrition Association Certificate?
SNA-KS will reimburse members seeking NEW Certification
at the SNA member rate for Level 1 ($16), 2 ($20), or 3($30)
The SNS Credential is a mark of excellence and achievement that reflects what it takes to manage school nutrition programs in today’s challenging climate. The SNS Credentialing Exam evaluates candidates’ knowledge and skills required to perform specific job activities related to managing or directing school nutrition programs. Click on this brochure for more info.
SNA’s School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) Credentialing program is governed by the Certificate and Credentialing Governing Council, an autonomous arm of the School Nutrition Association. The Governing Council members and SNA Credentialing Program Staff are solely responsible for the policies and administration of SNA’s Credentialing program.
How to Apply
- Download and use the SNS Credentialing Handbook & Application to register for the exam.
- Read the SNS Exam Preparation Tips
- Purchase the SNS Study Guide (optional)
Why Should I Earn My SNA Certificate in School Nutrition?
With new professional standards coming from USDA, it’s more important than ever to invest in school nutrition training and education. Getting your Certificate in School Nutrition from SNA will give you a head start to prepare for professional standards.
Earning your Certificate in School Nutrition will:
- Provide a career ladder you can use to advance in the field
- Add credibility to your position and to your school’s program
- Enhance your professional image with supervisors, parents, and administrators
- Stay current on the latest issues and solutions related to your job
SNA Certificate in School Nutrition – Program Guide (pdf)
Download the PDF guide to learn more about approved core courses and requirements to earn your SNA Certificate in School Nutrition.
Click here to see the initial requirements and download your application form.
SNA’s Certificate in School Nutrition Program is recognized as a leader in the child nutrition industry. The Program is based on the standards of practice and indicators in the Keys to Excellence that define nationally accepted standards for quality programs.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call SNA’s Service Center at (800) 877-8822
* Note that SNA’s certification program has been re-named the SNA Certificate in School Nutrition program. Click here for FAQs related the name change
Certificate Program Links
- Earning CEUs and Key Area Hours
- Maintaining Your Certificate
- Tools to Promote Your Certificate
- CEU Guidelines
- Changing Levels
- SNA Approved Core Courses
- Online Professional Development Articles (PDAs)
- Get Your Course SNA Approved
- Certificate Program Documents
- SNS Credentialing